The UITP Asia-Pacific Division was set up in 1993 and aims at fostering exchange between public transport practitioners for better transport developments in the region. Today, our work covers the complete Asia-Pacific region with the Asia-Pacific Centre for Transport Excellence in Singapore and UITP Regional Offices in Hong Kong-China, Melbourne-Australia and Bangalore-India. Asia-Pacific is governed by the UITP Asia-Pacific Executive Committee.
With the objective of fostering knowledge and insight exchange, our advocacy work covers: the integration and development of various modes of public transport, innovation and the quality of public transport service. Our work covers a variety of events including the following:
- Biennial regional congress and exhibition in Singapore in partnership with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) – LTA-UITP Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition, with the first edition held in October 2013, and the second edition will be held in October 2016;
- Annual Assembly organized for members only, with a different local host every year;
- Working platform for urban rail operators, “UITP Asia-Pacific Urban Rail Platform”;
- Workshops, study tours and some ongoing training and research activities;
- Supporting partner for events organized by members.
Any organisation interested in benefitting from the exchange and sharing with regional fellows should consider joining as a member. At present, we connect with authorities, operators, institutions and academia, as well as industry suppliers. A diverse membership we offered from worldwide:
- 1400 member companies
- 16,000 contacts
- 96 countries