- Study tour
Why visit New York City?
New York City (NYC) is one of the most densely populated city in U.S. Like all megacities in Asia-Pacific region, it is a good opportunity to see how the authorities in NYC have been initiated new projects, innovative technology and investment to resolve various public transport challenges such as aging station facilities and infrastructures, severe traffic jam and the rapid development of auto-vehicles.
The Study Tour in New York is only for the REGISTERED delegates of Global Public Transport Summit 2017 in Montreal.
With the support of New York City Department of Transportation , Port Authority of NY & NJ, TransitsCentre, the study tour will be held in New York on 10-12 May 2017.
纽约(简称NYC)是美国人口最稠密的大城市之一。把握这机会来看看纽约如何启动新项目和吸引投资来解决公共交通面临的各种挑战, 诸如改善车站设施和其他交通基础设施老化, 解決严重的交通堵塞和处理机动车快速发展所带来的影响。
只限UITP国际公共交通峰会 - 蒙特利尔, 加拿大的注册代表参加
- Challenges raised from future technology of self-driving car: New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT) officials were invited to give a presentation and to bring tour delegates to their Traffic Management Center out in Queens. Officials will show how they oversee the connected vehicle pilot that would have helped making cars that better suits the city’s planning, coping complex street system and blend in as a part of the public transport.
- How commuter experience can be enhanced by infrastructure renewal projects: Port Authority and Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA) has been invited to host this session, showcasing the redesign of Penn station and their makeover of Port Authority Bus Terminal. There are a presentation session of future look and plan of the renewal projects, plus a facility tour in Port Authority Bus Terminal.
Transit-Oriented Development and first-mile, last-mile solution: The MTA and TransitCentre were invited to host a special information session by presenting the good practices and their future plans to encourage the green expressway for pedestrian, cyclist, skaters, users of electric unicycle and non-motorized scooters in New York, together with their vision to create a future for transit riders in a safe and well-connected environment.
Financing on continued infrastructure renewal and upgrade projects: MTA was invited to share their experience on fund raising from its first public offering of ‘green bonds’, and to introduce the projects the bonds would be funding, then visit line extensions and new stations in service.
Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) program in New York: NYCDOT, sponsored by the USDOT Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO), were invited to display the New York City Pilot as one of the CV Pilot Deployment Program aiming to improve the safety of travelers and pedestrians in the city through the deployment of V2V and V2I connected vehicle technologies. The objective of project also directly aligns with the city’s Vision Zero initiative.
- 如何通过交通基础设施改造工程提升通勤者的体验 ：举办关于基础设施改造工程的前景和未来规划的充流会，其后考察纽新航港局客运总站的设备。
- 以交通为导向的发展和最后一公里的解决方案：由(TransitCentre) 交通中心的特殊信息充流；纽约交通局分享市內范围新推出的交通计划。
- 持续的基础设施更新和升级项目的融资: 大都会运输署会分享首次公开发行「绿色债券」(Green Bond)的经验, 并参观地铁延长线和新车站。
Participation Fee of the Study Tour
UITP members EUR 950
Non-members EUR 1150
*Preliminary cost estimated and programme outlined for the tour are only indicative at this stage and subject to change.
Included in the package
UITP 会员 欧元 950 非会员 欧元 1150